Monday, 8 October 2007

Defeat!

My skinflint powers have been defeated & I've actually put my hand into my pocket and took the screws out of my wallet...
"Oh sh*t. We've been decimalised!"

There I was in B&Q on Saturday, a place with all the calm dignity of a poorly run refuge camp, to purchase (aaaaaaagh - the pain) a roll of black plastic.

A bit later; two new beds dug, both covered in shiney new plastic and a 5 meter wide DMZ of more black plastic between the pumpkin-zone-of-control and the green menace (docks, nettles & other ner-do-wells).

I can't get to the plot often enough to keep the weeds down if I've dug anything over, so this seems to be my only option. I know it's not very nice environmentally, but it will be reused.

Hell. If I have my way it'll become a bloody family heirloom!

4 comments:

Matron said...

You might even be able to grow something through your 'plastic mulch' next Spring. Give it a go!

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Mr Toad said...

thenks for the great comment there, Barb.

Why don't you take your fecking SPAM and shove it up your arse!

Vegmonkey said...

Well said Mr Toad, i've got a filter on my site, does yours not provide one? I'm not sure i could handle a big allotment yet, hence the small one, but that doesn't stop me wanting one!